WARNING: Excessive packet loss
Only a partial transmission...
 One more turkey day... 
One more turkey day has come and gone. Mary and I have both been sick over the last week so we decided to play it cool and just stay home. We still had turkey with all the fixens (when I finally rolled out of bed.) Mary took care of the sweet potatos and cranberry sauce, while I was in charge of the turkey, mashers, and StoveTop stuffing.

I had forgotten to get a can of pumpkin, so the pie had to wait until today. I have been watching a lot of old episodes of Good Eats on my Zune, so I decided to skip the pumpkin and make Alton's sweet potato pie. It was great. I think it would have been even better if we had followed his recipe closer. We used light brown sugar instead of dark because Wal-mart was out of everything! We also skipped the pecans and maple surup on top. Next time I will be sure to get the dark stuff and will likely use walnuts as I am not really fond of pecans.

On an unrelated note, I finally signed up for a Google Adwords account and setup a technical blog over at LockerGnome. I called it Minimum Verbosity. Please take a look and let me know what you think!
Saturday, November 25, 2006 | perma-link | add comment
Comments: Post a Comment
This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?